Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Lightbulb ornaments

When Significant Other and I moved into the apartment together, I brought a couple of lamps from home to put in our office. I didn't realize that there was a ceiling light (with a CFL bulb!) in there already, so I had a box of lightbulbs sitting in the closet that were going to go to waste.

And then I discovered Etsy and saw this, and a la Adam Richman said, "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!"

So, I present you with lightbulb ornaments.

First, I took a lightbulb (these are cheap ones from Walmart, I think they cost $0.88 for a box of four) and wrapped some wire around the threaded part. Finding an effective way to do it was frustrating, but the whole thing becomes much sturdier once you tie a ribbon on.


Next, I used paint pens to draw some snowflakes on the lightbulb.


Then I tied some ribbon around the threaded part, hiding the wire that is looped around it. I found the whole spool for 60% off at Michael's; it cost me $0.80.


The finished product.


4 comments:

  1. These are so CUTE! TFS such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love them.....DH is an electrician....hmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I've been trolling Etsy like crazy just for ideas for fun things to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. try stickers too, if you find some on the clearance rack.

    DM

    ReplyDelete